Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on food hygiene requires food businesses to implement a self-control system based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). The APPCC system is a method to ensure food safety and provides confidence to the market and the customer.
An APPCC is a set of procedures developed and implemented on a permanent basis by food companies, especially preventive ones, and aimed at achieving the safety of foodstuffs offered to the consumer.
Abson Methodology to Implement an APPCC
- A first visit of the customer’s facilities.
- An initial audit.
- The collection of documentation necessary for the design and implementation of the self-control system,initial training in food handling to all staff
- Follow-up through regular audits by abson’s team.
- Microbiological monitoring controls:
– Tap water analysis
– Microbiological analysis of manipulators
– Microbiological analysis of the environment
– Microbiological food analysis
– Microbiological analysis of surfaces
- The formalities with the Public Administration. Including processing of the self-control document.
An APPCC system involves a set of plans and documents that establish specific practices, resources and a sequence of activities to be carried out. This requires developing descriptive documentation, records demonstrating its application and effectiveness, and a document and records archiving system.