Abson’s ozone tool for agriculture and post-cast contains provides a solution of cleaning, disinfection and treatment of great effectiveness but respectful to the environment, since when naturally decomposed into oxygen, andthe ozone leaves no chemical residual.
Thus, Abson’s ozone services are very useful for various applications, both agriculture and livestock and post-cast, including hygiene and food safety in the food industry.
The ozonized water used in agriculture eliminates phytopathogenic microorganisms and therefore diseases and prevent their proliferation. Because ozone is converted to oxygen minutes after acting, as a result of the use of abson ozone systems, the roots of plants are oxygenated by improving rooting, vigor and health.
Therefore, farming will increase the productivity of farms, while preventing and treating diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms such as Botrytis, Pythium, Mildiu, Mycosphaerella, Oídio, etc.
In the food and post-cast industry Abson offers comprehensive ozone-based services for the washing and hygiene of food products without chemical residue, as well as the preservation of these in cold rooms.
Thanks to ozone, rooms, surfaces, machinery, food products (fruits, vegetables, fish…) are hygienized, also serving to water water water for agricultural use and treat wastewater.
Abson offers tailor-made solutions for each client, including prior auditing and maintenance and technical control to ensure good results on organic farming farms.
The rise of organic production
The food sector, agriculture (cultivation and post-cast) and food industries every day need to produce food to the highest quality market and must meet safety requirements, taking into account that fewer and fewer chemicals can be used because of their residuals and effects on the environment. The importance of not continuing to deteriorate the environment, seeking low-impact agriculture with fewer chemicals, while combating the food insecurity generated by intensive production systems, and seeking healthier food, has led to the rise of organic production.
Currently, the increase in the requirements of the regulations of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and quality certificates such as those of GLOBALGAP have forced a more rigorous selection of hygienizers and disinfectants used in fruit and vegetable washing processes , as well as in treatments in agriculture (cultivation and post-cast). In recent years the trend is towards new treatments such as ozone, which avoids problems in the cultivation derived from chlorine improving in a very effective way the problems that this can cause, such as the appearance of chlorates and perchlorates and attack the precursors of trihalomethanes derived from chlorination and reduce their concentration in water, destroying these already formed compounds. In addition, it allows the inactivation of microorganisms (bacteria such as E. coli or Legionella, fungi, viruses, spores…), increasing their resistance to deterioration and thus extending the life of the product.
Ozone is an effective natural disinfectant composed of three oxygen atoms, whose main advantage is that it breaks down into oxygen when it has already acted. Therefore it does not leave any type of chemical waste,either in the installation or in the food product. Ozone is considered to be the most microbicidal-efficient disinfectant and requires fairly short contact times.
Abson’s unique ozone-to-water mixing method achieves very high ozonation levels, allowing water to be used as a disinfectant without chemical residual (with continuous control by redox probe in the water tank). In this way, ozonized water removes viruses, bacteria, fungi, algae, spores and any other microorganism, and oxygenates the roots of plants favoring their growth.
Advantages of The Use of Ozone in Agriculture
Abson’s system for irrigation water ozonation:
- It converts irrigation water into disinfectant without the use of biocides and without leaving chemical residual, being effective against fungi, bacteria, virusesand other unwanted microorganisms and disinfecting by contact without assaulting the plant.
- Ozone is the only soil disinfectant for agriculture comparable to methyl bromide, a highly effective chemical in the disinfection of farmed soils but withdrawn from the market due to its persistence and environmental damage.
- With the disinfection of the soil and the rapid oxygenation of the soil by the decomposition of ozone into oxygen, the disinfection of the roots and their oxygenation is also achieved. By helping to oxygenate the roots of the plant there is a noticeable rooting. The ozone-in-water system saves 100 of the costs on rooting products, which, in addition, for many farmers, are of dubious effectiveness.
- Being found the roots in such a pure state of health, due to disinfection and oxygenation due to the action of ozone, a saving of subscriber for the crop occurs by increasing the absorption surface of them. This savings in subscriber is approximately 20, depending on the time of development of the plant.
- Healthy and strong roots also translate to the rest of the plant: more vigorous and healthy plants; increases protection against possible pathogen contagion and rotting diseases; And increases production,shortening harvest start times and lengthening harvesting and producing more kilos of fruit per m2 (with higher volume and density).
Commitment to Organic Production, Agroecology, Environmentally Friendly Agriculture
Abson systems based on ozone generation and intended for fruit and vegetable industries guarantee various points related to organic production based on existing legislation on organic cultivation (Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 and Regulation (EC) No 889/2008).
- Facilitate the development of organic production, encouraging the use of new techniques and substances more suitable for organic production.
- Rely on renewable resources integrated into local agricultural systems.
- Ensure a viable agricultural management system that respects natural systems and cycles and preserves and improves the health of soil, water, plants and animals and the balance between them.
- Get high quality products.
- Obtain a wide variety of food and other agricultural products that respond to consumer demand for products obtained through processes that do not harm the environment, human health, animal health and welfare or plant health.
- Rely on the principles of proper design and management of biological processes based on ecological systems that use natural resources typical of the system through mechanical production methods, based on risk assessment, and on the application of precautionary and preventive measures.
- Reduction of the use of non-renewable resources and non-farm means of production.
- The exclusion of substances and methods of processing that may mislead on the true nature of the product.
- The production techniques used prevent and minimize any contribution to environmental pollution.
- Oxygen, the only product resulting from the breakdown of ozone, is authorised in products and substances intended for the production of processed organic foods.